26 April, 2007

Tricks of the Trade

One of the many joys of owning a wholesale business is attending trade shows, and there is only one show solely devoted to the stationery industry: The National Stationery Show in New York. Last year I shared a booth with the lovely ladies of Boon, Dog and Pony Show, Good on Paper, Blissen, Just My Type Letterpress, K. Autumn, and Olive-Route Design and Letterpress.

This year I am braving it alone for the first time, and it’s coming up in less than a month now. As you can imagine, I have lots and lots of work to do in order to get myself, my booth, and my product ready. Today I received my promo postcards in the mail, which I will be sending out to anyone and everyone that I could possibly hope might come visit my booth. (If you are reading this and you are a retailer or journalist, I’ll be in booth #1355!)

This week I have one more custom job (thank you cards) to complete before I devote myself entirely to show preparations. Stay tuned for progress reports!

No comments: