23 May, 2007

Meanwhile, at the Javits...

While we were busy smiling at strangers at the NSS, there were also a couple of other conventions happening at the Javits Center. Downstairs was the always exciting International Contemporary Furniture Fair, and upstairs (and downstairs) was Surtex, a licensing show for mostly textile designers. We were able to switch off and take a quick turn around these other shows, and here is what I liked.

At ICFF, I found Palo Samko, who makes gorgeous wooden furniture like the table in the pic below.

I also loved these lamps by Perch!.

Surtex was a bit of a blur for me, but there were some cool patterns to be seen. I was in a bit of a rush to get back to my booth, but I was able to stop and drool over the designs of Julia Rothman . Julia went to RISD with me, and I am so impressed with her work, both illustration and pattern design. We talked a little about doing a collaboration, and I really hope that happens! These are some of her textile designs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love julia rothman's work too! so pretty, her color palettes are always so well chosen. and those yellow lamps are great.

we missed you at the bbq yesterday!