15 September, 2007

Greetings From Oregon

I'm here in Southern Oregon for the weekend with my friend Jane. Coming to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland has been a family tradition for more than 20 years, and for the past three years, Jane has joined us.
This year we decided to do some things besides playgoing, so we spent today on the Southern Oregon Wine and Farm Tour, in addition to cruising our favorite antique mall west of Pennsylvania, in Medford. We started off with breakfast at another favorite spot, the Breadboard, home of some of the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had.
Then we drove up to the Rogue Creamery in Central Point, where we sampled their excellent cheeses, before heading on to Eagle Point's historic Butte Creek Mill, where they still make flour using water power. Next we drove on to historic Jacksonville for more antiques and a sampling of smoked meats at Gary West's. I found a gorgeous Cathrineholm lotus pot for a steal, and Jane bought some lovely lemonade glasses. On our way there, we stopped at a local strawberry farm and split a pint. Yum! At the Medford mall, I bought a hilarious faux bois lamp (pics soon) and planter for our den, and I also have my eye on a Hoosier cabinet, if I can figure out how to get it back to Berkeley...

Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments: