12 October, 2007

Rain or Shine

Here in California, we have beautiful weather all year 'round... except during the rainy season, which just began. Even though I've lived here for most of my life, I have never quite got used to being damp for weeks at a time. For the most part, it's innocuous, just a drip, drip, drip on your rooftop that makes being indoors feel luxurious and cozy. But occasionally it becomes torrential, gushing down from the sky in thick, rainy heartbeats. In 12th grade the rain was so heavy that the school parking lot flooded, making it impossible to open your car door without the water pouring in around your feet.


I have never been a boot person, and the only rainboots I ever want are the brightly-colored kids' pairs that are just an inch too short for my foot. So when I found these "Rain or Shine" shoes from Sigerson Morrison on Ebay, I snatched them up. Now that the rain has started, I can say that they are well worth the $25 I spent on them! If you live anywhere that has its share of rain, I highly recommend taking a peek at Ebay for a pair of these. They come in a variety of colors and are made entirely of rubber, with a good, textured sole, and cushy, removable insoles, and they generally go for about $30.00.

1 comment:

lisa solomon said...

those are super cute....

i can't believe it's raining and i'm away....