10 August, 2009

Fair Dealings


Today was a big day for fairs! I went to the Vintage Paper & Ephemera Fair in Golden Gate Park with my friend Jessica in the afternoon, and then in the evening, I went to the Sonoma County Fair with my friend Marina. I used to go to a lot of ephemera sales in London when I lived there because they took place just down the street from my apartment, but I haven't been to one in the States before. Today's sale, while physically small, was packed full of wonderful postcards, photographs, menus, posters, books, labels and just about everything you could imagine. Jessica and I spent about 3 hours there until our eyes began to glaze over, but I think we only saw a tiny fraction of what was available. Here are some treasures I took home with me:













And here are some that I didn't:















4 comments:

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

I love vintage postcards! I've always wanted to a collage of various motels in Texas from the post WW2 period!

Shawna said...

So funny...I went to the Vintage Paper Fair as well and also posted about my treasures!

Jessica Mosby said...

So cool! I wish I could have gone too, but I was in Tallahassee:(

Christine said...

Wow, I wondered who in the world would know about Idora Park, so perhaps it's from postcard flipping? Yay, a favorite new blog to peruse!