30 August, 2009

Lost Marbles


Of all my collections, this is the one I always forget, but is maybe also the most meaningful. It's a small collection; these are not things you can accumulate by browsing on Ebay or taking a trip to the flea market. I think I started collecting lost marbles in high school, maybe before then. I recently found a reference to the collection in a journal from 10th grade. It's not often that you stumble across a marble in the street (I see playing cards all the time) and it seems that every time I do, it's an omen that something significant is about to happen in my life. I wish I had kept a better record of these finds; all I know is that I found one just days before I started dating my first boyfriend, and one before I decided to go abroad for a semester in college. I came across a new one yesterday for the first time in at least 5 years- it's a pretty mint green*, and badly beaten from its time in the street. I'm so excited to see what the future holds for me!

*They are aways green or blue.

2 comments:

Shawna said...

That's so cool! Good luck!

lisa solomon said...

i love this... the whole idea... lost marbles... the impending something big...

[love the new stuff you are working on btw - esp. the metal chairs!]