22 April, 2012

Weekends, Etc.!

at the standard hotel in los angeles. i disagree!

Lots of fun things lately! My mom and I went to LA for a weekend and I got to meet some of my oldest and dearest friends' new baby, which was very exciting. And of course a trip to LA means lots of good food, which we ate at The Eveleigh, Milk, Clementine, Donut Man, and Jar. Back in SF, I got to see Jacques Pepin and Daniel Patterson in conversation at City Arts & Lectures (Mssr. Pepin is even more adorable in person!), went shopping at the Vintage Paper Faire and had ice cream at Ice Cream Bar, went on a couple of beautiful hikes in the hills, and attended a live taping of NPR's "Says You."

roast beef with olives and preserved lemon from the local butcher shop in berkeley, eaten on a sunny day in tilden park


Last week my friend Jessica and I drove up to Healdsburg for a special winemaker's dinner celebrating my favorite vineyard, Unti, at Dry Creek Kitchen... but the dinner was cancelled at the last minute. We made the best of it, though, with lunch at Sol Food in San Rafael, an excursion to the uber-fancy Club One gym in Petaluma (they have waterslides!), some wine tasting, saw a movie, had a wonderful dinner at Scopa and pastries at Downtown Bakery. It's been like summer here in the Bay Area this week and I'll be sad to see rain again next week, but between Pop Up Magazine, seeing Tuneyards perform a live soudtrack to a silent film, the Ru Paul's Drag Race finale, and Obscura Day, I think I'll manage.
"banana puddin'" sundae at the ice cream bar, sf


grilled cheese month at clementine, los angeles!

strawberry donuts from the donut man, glendora

No comments: